Reblogged from here
Things you ought to look for in a godly spouse by Alistair Begg
- The man should be committed to growing in his relationship with the Lord. Do not take on a fellow as a discipleship project.
- An individual of obvious integrity. If he cheats on the golf course, he has the potential of cheating anywhere. You need a husband who is honest to the core.
- Lead BOLDLY. A man who can think for himself, weighs option, make good decision and able to discern. An attitude of servanthood.
- Displays the ability to love sacrificially. How does he treat his mom? Aunt? Observe the way he treats strangers and children, etc.
- Husband should be able to laugh heartily. A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
- Husband should model genuine humility. Keep focus on others. Others first. Him last.
Do not be unequally yoked. That means to be unable to pull together, two opposite goals, two incompatible masters to serve, and two radically interpretations of life.
Unbelief allied with belief in Jesus, there can be no real intimacy in matters that really counts.
Two cannot pull together because they truly are not together.
You can cry now because you’ve lost him or you can cry later because you’ve got him.